Tis the Season…
It’s the most wonderful time of the year—but also one of the most stressful! From work and social commitments, to last-minute shopping and over-scheduled travel plans… To making the list AND checking it twice… Things can get out of hand very quickly and the holiday season can take a toll on your sanity. ‘Tis the season to be jolly, but more importantly, ’tis the season for Self-Care.
Here are some quick UFD Holiday Hacks so you don’t forget about you during the holidays!
- Give Yourself Permission – Allow yourself to do whatever it is that you want…even if your “whatever” is staying in the house, drinking hot cocoa while watching re-runs of your favorite sitcom. We focus so much on pleasing every one else during the holidays, that we forget to put a little bit of what makes us happy in the mix. Break this habit and take some time for you!
- Unplug – Establish a daily quiet time (no Instagram, no Facebook, no Amazon Prime) when you can completely embrace and become one with your inner thoughts. Social media can really get in the way of how we think and process, especially when it’s time to wind down. If you find that you’re lacking focus, step away from the devices and take in life.
- Heal And Renew – Don’t be afraid to get some rest and relaxation this holiday season. Protect your sleep at all costs. You’ll be surprised… a little R&R goes a long way (and massages work too!) Also, try to limit the caffeine and just RELAX.
- Exercise– From the fried turkey to the pecan pie, it can be pretty easy to over indulge. During the holidays, most people skip their workouts to make room for more seasonal activities. Try to set aside some time to work on and maintain your workout regimen. Whether it’s cycling, hitting the gym or walking a couple blocks, try to establish a plan and stick to it. You’ll thank yourself later!
- Let Go of Perfection – Forget scrubbing the house from top to bottom in preparation for the holidays. Do presents really need to be wrapped perfectly to the “T” when your kids are going to tear through that paper in 3.5 seconds? (Questions that need answers.) Let go, and know no one will judge you.
- Don’t Keep up with the Joneses– (unless your last name is really Jones)…Don’t create added pressure and stress by focusing on what everyone else is out doing. Focus on you and what’s best for your family, because who knows what’s best better than you?
This season, we want to urge you try out some of our quick tips and remind you, not to forget about you!